|Campaign to |
|Company Name||Eaton Corporation|
|CEO Name||Alexander Cutler|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$21,055,632|
|Underfunded Company Pension||-$1,235,000,000|
|Annual Company Revenue||$16,049,000,000|
|Territorial Tax Break||$2,240,000,000|
|Click here for sources.|
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
Eaton Corporation describes itself as "a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. The company is a global technology leader in electrical products, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control, power transmission, lighting and wiring products; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety." Eaton was founded in 1991 and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.
In 2011, Eaton recorded revenues of $16,049,000,000.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Eaton Corporation is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
Board of Directors
As of January 2013:
- George S. Barrett -- Director since 2011
- Todd M. Bluedorn -- Director since 2010
- Christopher M. Connor -- Director since 2006
- Michael J. Critelli -- Director since 1998
- Alexander M. Cutler -- Director since 1993
- Charles E. Golden -- Director since 2007
- Linda A. Hill -- Director since 2012
- Arthur E. Johnson -- Director since 2009
- Ned C. Lautenbach -- Director since 1997
- Deborah L. McCoy -- Director since 2000
- Gregory R. Page -- Director since 2003
- Gerald B. Smith -- Director since 2012
As of January 2013:
- Alexander M. Cutler -- chairman and chief executive officer
- Richard H. Fearon -- vice chairman and chief financial and planning officer
- Craig Arnold -- vice chairman and chief operating officer – Industrial Sector
- Thomas S. Gross -- vice chairman and chief operating officer – Electrical Sector
1111 Superior Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44114-2584
phone: (216) 523-5000
Articles and resources
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|