El Sharara-Zawiya oil pipeline
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor and the Center for Media and Democracy.|
El Sharara-Zawiya oil pipeline is an existing oil pipeline, running from El Sharara oilfield to Zawiya, Libya.
The pipeline runs from El Sharara oilfield, Wadi al-Hayaa district, to Zawiya, Zawiya district, Libya.
- Operator: Akakus Oil Operations
- Parent Company: National Oil Corporation, Repsol, OMV, and Total
- Current capacity: 340,000 barrels per day
- Length: 726 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1996
Articles and resources
- Table 6.9: Main crude oil pipelines in OPEC members, 2016, OPEC Annual Statistical Bulletin 2017, pp. 87-94.
- World Energy Atlas, Petroleum Economist, 2001.
- About Akakus Oil Operations, Akakus Oil Operations website, accessed July 2018.
- Crude Oil Production Resumes Flow in the Libyan Sharara - Zawiya Export Pipeline, Pipeline Journal, Mar. 20, 2018