Maoming Bohe power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Maoming Bohe power station (粤电茂名博贺煤电公司) is a 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant under construction in Guangdong Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Bohe Town, Dianbai District.
Background on Project
To fuel the Bohe coal plant, a coal berth with capacity of 13 million tons per year throughput was approved by China's NDRC in 2012, and started construction the same year. 
2017: Plant halted by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations, and may not resume development until the violations are resolved. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Guangdong Yudean Group
- Location: Diancheng Town, Dianbai District, Maoming Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 21.441033, 111.289628 (exact)
- Status: Shelved (halted by government policy in July 2017)
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "招标公告," accessed June 2013
- "广东粤电博贺煤电有限公司"Guangdong Yudean Group, 2016-5-31
- "粤电博贺煤电一体化项目启动",广东省粤电集团有限公司, 2012-4-28
- "广东粤电茂名博贺电厂2×100万千瓦“上大压小”发电工程提前批辅机设备(第1包：磨煤机)采购评标结果公示", 广东省招标投标监管网, 2013-07-23
- "审计署通报广东粤电集团2×100万千瓦机组未批先建," 2016-8-5
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12