|Campaign to |
|CEO Name||Paul Jacobs|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$12,684,146|
|Annual Company Revenue||$14,957,000,000|
|Territorial Tax Break||$5,800,000,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$23,900,000|
|Click here for sources.|
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
QUALCOMM is a global "provider of wireless technology and services" founded in 1985.
According to its website, "In July 1985, seven industry veterans came together in the den of Dr. Irwin Jacobs’ San Diego home to discuss an idea. Those visionaries—Franklin Antonio, Adelia Coffman, Andrew Cohen, Klein Gilhousen, Irwin Jacobs, Andrew Viterbi and Harvey White—decided they wanted to build “QUALity COMMunications” and outlined a plan that has evolved into one of the telecommunications industry’s greatest start-up success stories: Qualcomm Incorporated." 
QUALCOMM posted revenues of 14.95 billion dollars in 2011. 
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." QUALCOMM is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
Board of Directors
As of February 2013:
- Barbara T. Alexander - former Senior Advisor, UBS
- Stephen M. Bennett - former CEO, Intuit, Inc., former Director, General Electric
- Donald G. Cruickshank
- Raymond V. Dittamore - former partner, Ernst & Young
- Susan Hockfield - President Emerita and Professor of Neuroscience, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Director, General Electric
- Thomas W. Horton - President, AMR Corporation and American Airlines, Inc.
- Paul E. Jacobs - Chairman and CEO, Qualcomm
- Robert E. Kahn - Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of the Corporation for National Research Initiatives
- Sherry Lansing - former Chair, Motion Picture Group of Paramount Pictures
- Duane A. Nelles - former parter, Coopers & Lybrand
- Francisco Ros - former vice minister of the Government of Spain
- Brent Scowcroft - former Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs (under George H.W. Bush)
- Marc I. Stern - Vice Chairman, The TCW Group, Inc.
As of February 2013:
- Paul E. Jacobs, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Qualcomm Incorporated
- Steven R. Altman, Vice Chairman, Qualcomm Incorporated
- Derek Aberle, Executive Vice President, Qualcomm Incorporated and Group President
- Cristiano Amon, Executive Vice President, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and Co-President, Qualcomm Mobile and Computing
- Andrew Gilbert, Executive Vice President, European Innovation Development, Qualcomm Europe, Inc.
- Matt Grob, Executive Vice President, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and Chief Technology Officer
- Peggy Johnson, Executive Vice President, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and President, Global Market Development
- William E. Keitel, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Qualcomm Incorporated
- James Lederer, Executive Vice President, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and General Manager, QCT
- Steve Mollenkopf, President and Chief Operating Officer, Qualcomm Incorporated
- Murthy Renduchintala, Executive Vice President, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and Co-President, Qualcomm Mobile and Computing
- Donald J. Rosenberg, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Qualcomm Incorporated
- Daniel L. Sullivan, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Qualcomm Incorporated
- James H. Thompson, Executive Vice President, Engineering, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Former executives include:
- Len J. Lauer - Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
5775 Morehouse Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- War profiteering
- Porter Novelli International
- DCI Group
- Tony Feather
- Tech Central Station
- TVA Productions
- Peter F. Cowhey
- Iranian American Scholarship Fund
- Laurence Lundblade, Sr Director of Technology
- Roberto Padovani, executive vice president and chief technology officer
- Society for Young Philanthropists
- Diana Lady Dougan - advisor
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- Qualcomm, "Our Businesses", organizational website, accessed February 2013
- History, QUALCOMM, accessed January 29, 2009.
- Qualcomm, "2011 Annual Report", organizational document, page 29.
- Qualcomm, "Board of Directors", organizational website, accessed February 2013
- Qualcomm, "Executive Officers", organizational website, accessed February 2013