A New Way Forward in Afghanistan
A New Way Forward in Afghanistan is an event held April 3, 2009, by the Center for American Progress to "release of the Center's Afghanistan strategy, Sustainable Security in Afghanistan: Crafting an Effective and Responsible Strategy for the Forgotten Front. The report is the product of the Center’s review of U.S interests, goals, and strategy in Afghanistan and the region. Bearing in mind the vital U.S interests in the country and South Asia, the report concludes that the United States must attempt to build a national representative government that is able to govern, defend, and sustain itself."
Event Information at CAP Website
- Minister Ali Jalali, Former Afghan Interior Minister; Distinguished Professor, National Defense University
- Frederick W. Kagan, Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- Fred Kaplan, columnist, Slate Magazine
- Lawrence Korb, Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress
- John Stauber, How Obama Took Over the Peace Movement, PRWatch.org, March 27, 2009.
- John Stauber, Progressive Media - A PR War Room for Obama, PRWatch.org, March 28, 2009.
- Jeremy Scahill, Why Is the Center for American Progress Cavorting with Neocons? Oh, Right, Because They Are on the Same Team, Rebel Reports, April 2, 2009.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|