Abdlatif Y. Al-Hamad
Abdalatif Y. Al-Hamad "was born in Kuwait in 1936, where he makes his home. He is married and has four children.
"In the late 1950s and early 1960s, he studied in the USA, graduating from Claremont College (Honors, 1960) and the Harvard International Affairs Program (1962). Following his studies, Mr. Al-Hamad served as a member of the Kuwaiti delegation to the United Nations during its application for admission to this organization in 1962.
"Since the early 1960s, he has been highly active in promoting economic and social development, particularly in the Arab world. In this capacity, Mr. Al-Hamad has held several important posts. Among these, he served as Director, The South & Arabian Gulf Society (1963-1981); Director, The Assistance Authority for the Gulf and Southern Arabia (1967-1981); Chairman, the United Bank of Kuwait (1966-1981); and Executive Director, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (1972-1981). He was Minister of Finance and Minister of Planning, Kuwait (1981-1983).
"Mr. Al-Hamad has also served on numerous commissions and boards. To mention but a few, these include the Brandt Commission (1977-1980); Deputy Chairman of the International Institute for Environment and Development (1976-1989); Member and Chairman, United Nations Committee for Development Planning (1982-1991); Member of the South Commission (1987-1989); and Member of the Commission on Global Governance (1992 to present). He has recently arranged the printing of the CGG report, Our Global Neighborhood, in Arabic.
"Currently, Mr. Al-Hamad is Director General and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development; Trustee, Arab Planning Institute; Member of the International Finance Corporation (IFC) Banking Advisory Board Group (World Bank); Member, the Board of the Kuwait Investment Authority; and Chairman, Development Committee Task Force on Multilateral Development Banks." 
- Senior Member, Group of Thirty 
- Board of Overseers, International Center for Economic Growth 
- Member, Independent Commission on International Development Issues
- Trustee (2001), Institute for Palestine Studies
- Advisory Board, Center for Contemporary Arab Studies 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Abdlatif Y. Al-Hamad, Centre for Global Negotiations, accessed September 21, 2008.
- Group of Thirty Members, organizational web page, accessed December 5, 2013.
- Overseers, Trustees and Officers, International Center for Economic Growth, accessed September 21, 2008.
- Board of Advisors, Center for Contemporary Arab Studies, accessed February 10, 2011.