Jump to navigation Jump to search
Aedes aegypti is the species of mosquito responsible for transmitting Yellow Fever.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Vinauger C, Lutz EK, Riffell JA, "Olfactory learning and memory in the disease vector mosquito, Aedes aegypti," J Exp Biol. 2014 Apr 15.
- Hsu WS, Yen JH, Wang YS, "Formulas of components of citronella oil against mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti)," J Environ Sci Health B. 2013;48(11):1014-9. doi: 10.1080/03601234.2013.816613.
- Mathew N, Ayyanar E, Shanmugavelu S, Muthuswamy K, "Mosquito attractant blends to trap host seeking Aedes aegypti," Parasitol Res. 2013 Mar;112(3):1305-12. doi: 10.1007/s00436-012-3266-2.
- Bohbot JD1, Durand NF, Vinyard BT, Dickens JC, "Functional Development of the Octenol Response in Aedes aegypti," Front Physiol, 4:39. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2013.00039, March 7, 2013.
- Hamidou F. Sakhanokho, Blair J. Sampson, Nurhayat Tabanca, David E. Wedge, Betul Demirci, Kemal Husnu Can Baser, Ulrich R. Bernier, Maia Tsikolia, Natasha M. Agramonte, James J. Becnel, Jian Chen, Kanniah Rajasekaran, and James M. Spiers, "Chemical composition, antifungal and insecticidal activities of Hedychium essential oils," Molecules, 18, 4308-4327, April 11, 2013.
- Meepagala KM, Bernier UR, Burandt C, Duke SO, "Mosquito repellents based on a natural chromene analogue with longer duration of action than N,N-diethyl-meta-toluamide (DEET)," J Agric Food Chem, 61(39):9293-7. doi: 10.1021/jf402635z, October 2, 2013.
- Bosch, O. J.; Geier, M.; Boeckh, J, "Contribution of fatty acids to olfactory host finding of female Aedes aegypti," Chem. Senses 2000, 25, 323.
- Steib BM, Geier M, Boeckh J, "The effect of lactic acid on odour-related host preference of yellow fever mosquitoes," Chem Senses. 2001 Jun;26(5):523-8.
- Bernier UR, Kline DL, Posey KH, Booth MM, Yost RA, Barnard DR, "Synergistic attraction of Aedes aegypti (L.) to binary blends of L-lactic acid and acetone, dichloromethane, or dimethyl disulfide," J Med Entomol. 2003 Sep;40(5):653-6.
- Williams CR1, Ritchie SA, Russell RC, Eiras AE, Kline DL, Geier M, "Geographic variation in attraction to human odor compounds by Aedes aegypti mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae): a laboratory study," J Chem Ecol. 2006 Aug;32(8):1625-34. Epub 2006 Jul 26.
- Bernier UR, Kline DL, Allan SA, Barnard DR, "Laboratory comparison of Aedes aegypti attraction to human odors and to synthetic human odor compounds and blends," J Am Mosq Control Assoc. 2007 Sep;23(3):288-93.
- Geier, M.; Bosch, O. J.; Boeckh, J, "Ammonia as an attractive component of host odour for the yellow fever mosquito, Aedes aegypti," Chem. Senses 1999, 24, 647.