The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA),, commonly called the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or "Obamacare", is a United States federal statute signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010.
The ACA, although much touted by liberals, maligned by conservatives and the subject of much propaganda, was allegedly enacted with the goals of increasing the quality and affordability of health insurance, lowering the uninsured rate and reducing the costs of healthcare for individuals and the government. However, major problems with the ACA have flown below the major media radar.  Notwithstanding it's name the ACA provides neither patient protection nor affordable health care.
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Pub.L. 111–148, 124 Stat. 119, codified as amended at scattered sections of the Internal Revenue Code and in 42 U.S.C.
- Gregory Wallace, "'Obamacare': The word that defined the health care debate", CNN, June 25, 2012.
- Paul Craig Roberts, "Obamacare: A Deception", Institute for Political Economy, February 3, 2013.
- Ralph Nader, "21 Ways the Canadian Health Care System is Better than Obamacare", Counterpunch, November 22-24, 2013.
- Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers, "Obamacare: The Biggest Insurance Scam in History", Truthout, October 30, 2013.
- Wikipedia, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Uwe E. Reinhardt, "Why Does U.S. Health Care Cost So Much?", The New York Times, November 14, 2008.
- Reed Abelson, "Health Insurers Making Record Profits as Many Postpone Care", The New York Times, May 13, 2011.
- John Stauber, "Obamacare Wins, We Lose", Counterpunch, June 28, 2012.
- Norman Soloman, "The Obamacare Disaster", Counterpunch, November 18, 2013.
- Bruce Japsen, "Despite Glitches, Obamacare Profit Windfall To Insurers Well Underway", Forbes, October 26, 2013.
- Bernie Sanders, "A Single-Payer System, Like Medicare, is the Cure for America's Ailing Healthcare", The Guardian, September 30, 2013.
- Carrie Budoff Brown, "The five faces to watch for in debate over care", Politico, May 3, 2013.
- Bill Moyers and Michael Winship, "The Revolving Door on Healthcare", Consortium News, December 14, 2012.
- Amy Goodman with Denis Moynihan, "Single-Payer Prescription for What Ails Obamacare", Democracy Now, October 10, 2012.
- Sarah Lazare, "'Obamacare' Bends for Big Business... Again", Common Dreams, July 3, 2013.
- Kate Randall, "Obamacare: US Government Knew Insurance Companies Would Drop Millions of Customers", Global Research, November 05, 2013.
- Russell Mokhiber, "Grand Theft Health Insurance", Information Clearing House, October 18, 2013.
- Eugene Elander, "Obamacare: A Vast Project Based on a Half-Vast Idea!", OpEdNews, November 12, 2013.
- Alejandro Reuss, "Time to Fight for Something Far Better Than Obamacare", The Washington Spectator, July 11, 2013.
- David Sirota, "Single-payer healthcare vs. Obamacare, Salon, October 31, 2013.
- Michael I Niman, "Obamacare: The Republican Party's Long Con", Truthout, November 18, 2013.
- John Stauber, The Rise and Fall of Obamacare, Will The Insider Story Ever Be Told?, December 8, 2016.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|