Africa Conservation Fund
The African Conservation Fund "was founded in 2003 by a small group of East Africans, Britons and Americans—people who have lifelong commitments to the conservation of East Africa’s wildlife and cultures.
"In late 2005 we hired our first executive director, and we’re now in full program development mode.
"Many of the projects we support are carried out by our partner, the 12-year-old Nairobi-based African Conservation Centre, with whom we share at least one board member.
"This partnership gives us an important on-the-ground connection to select and work with projects in East Africa, while our board and staff work in the West to create economic, training, and communications resources for these projects." 
- Roseann Hanson - Executive Director
Accessed November 2007: 
- Roger Snoble - Chairman of the Board, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Carolyn Greene - Secretary, Boulder, CO, USA
- Norman Myers - Board Member, Oxford, UK
- John Waithaka - Treasurer, Nepean, Ontario, Canada
- David Western - Board Member, Nairobi, Kenya/San Diego, CA, USA
- William Yancey - Board Member, Los Angeles, CA, USA