Al-Haq "is an independent Palestinian non-governmental human rights organisation based in Ramallah, West Bank. Established in 1979 to protect and promote human rights and the rule of law in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT), the organisation has special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council...
"Al-Haq is the West Bank affiliate of the International Commission of Jurists - Geneva, and is a member of the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network (EMHRN), the World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT), the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH), Habitat International Coalition (HIC), and the Palestinian NGO Network (PNGO)." 
"Al-Haq and its partner organisation Diakonia have undertaken a joint initiative to disseminate information among Palestinian civil society organisations about the rights and duties enshrined in international humanitarian law, in particular the Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 and the customary law reflected in the Hague Regulations of 1907." 
Al-Haq helped found the Gaza Centre for Rights and Law.
Donors for 2005/2006 
- Representative Office of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to the Palestinian Authority
- EED (Evangelischer Entwicklungsdienst e.v.)
- Ford Foundation
- Mu'assasat (Strengthening Human Rights & Good Governance)
- Christian Aid -
- Open Society Institute
- Representative Office of Norway
- Irish Aid (Department of Foreign Affairs)
- Canadian Representative Office
General Assembly & Board of Directors 
- Amin Thalji *
- Camille Mansour *
- Dalal Salameh *
- Dena Nasser *
- Gassan Abdullah *
- Khadeja Abu Ali *
- Lily Feidy *
- Nidal Taha *
- Siham Rsheed *
- Abla Naser
- Ala' Al-Bakry
- Ali Jarbawi
- Alia Al-Yasser
- Ehab Abu Ghoush
- Hanan Rabbani
- Izzat Abdulhadi
- Jameel Hilal
- Johnathan Kuttab
- Lisa Taraki
- Mohammad Masrouji
- Nabil Alkhatib
- Omaya Khammash
- Randa Siniora
- Salwa Najjab
- Vira Tamari
- Waleed Nammur
- Zakaria Mohammad
- Ziad Khalaf
(* Board of Directors)
Accessed October 2007: 
- Shawan Jabarin (General Director)
Legal Research and Advocacy Department
- Shawan Jabarin (Head), Gareth Gleed, Hana Amer, Jennifer DePiazza, Mays Warrad, Naser Rayyes, Nizar Ayoub, Rafeef Mujahed
Monitoring and Documentation Department
- Nina Atallah (Head), Hosniya Ahmad, Manaf Abbas, Rab'a Wadi, Ruba Rajab, Tareq Al-Haj Mahmoud, Yousef Qawareiq, Zahi Jaradat, Ziyad Hmeidan
- Web: http://www.alhaq.org
Resources and articles
- Fateh Azzam - Former Director
- Charles Shamas - Cofounder
- Raja Shehadeh - Cofounder
- Emma Playfair
- Mouin Rabbani
- Naser Rayyes
- About Al-Haq, Al-Haq, accessed July 12, 2007.
- Palestinian HROs: Agenda and Praxis, Palestine-Israel Journal, accessed October 26, 2007.
- Building the Capacity of Palestinian Civil Society Organisations in International Humanitarian Law, Al-Haq, accessed July 12, 2007.
- Donors, Al-Haq, accessed July 12, 2007.
- Board and Staff, Al-Haq, accessed July 12, 2007.
- Board and Staff, Al-Haq, accessed October 9, 2007.