"EXPERTISE: Women's health issues, including AIDS and contraception; international health issues, particularly maternal and child health and human rights; health care reform in the U.S.; urban health care delivery systems; adolescent pregnancy; minority health concerns; health care for the poor and disadvantaged.
"Chair of the New York State Department of Health AIDS Advisory Council and chair of amFAR's Public Policy Committee. Serves on the boards of the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, and the David and Lucile Packard Foundation. Past chair of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, the Alan Guttmacher Institute, the American Public Health Association's Executive Committee, and the New York Obstetrical Society. Board member of several NGOs and advisor to a number of international organizations. Elected member of the Institute of Medicine (IOM) and member of IOM Board on Global Health. Founding Director of the Center for Population and Family Health, School of Public Health; former acting chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University; former Medical Advisor for Family Planning and Maternal and Child Health to the Ministry of Public Health, Thailand; former representative in Thailand, The Population Council.“ 
- Chair, BRAC USA 
- Former Advisory Board Chair, AIDS-Free World 
- Former Vice Chair, Engender Health
- Director, Global Health Council
- Advisory Board, Program on Reproductive Health and Rights for the Open Society Institute (see OSI: Board of Trustees, Advisory Boards, and Committees (Listing as of May 1, 2002))
- Trustee, American Foundation for AIDS Research 
- Trustee, David and Lucile Packard Foundation 
- Director, Doctors of the World 
- Director, Population Action International 
- Director, Center for the Advancement of Women 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Leadership Team, BRAC USA, accessed August 27, 2008.
- Advisory Board, AIDS-Free World, accessed June 9, 2009.
- Board of Trustees, American Foundation for AIDS Research, accessed September 11, 2007.
- Board of Trustees, David and Lucile Packard Foundation, accessed September 16, 2007.
- Directors, Doctors of the World, accessed December 18, 2007.
- Directors, Population Action International, accessed May 1, 2008.
- Directors, Center for the Advancement of Women, accessed August 27, 2008.
- ”Biography”, accessed January 2007.