AllianceBernstein LP is a US-based, global asset management firm, with approximately $477 billion in assets under management, as of March 31, 2011.
It was formed in October 2000 when Alliance Capital Management Corporation acquired Sanford C. Bernstein.
In March 2002, Roger Hertog was "in hot water for Alliance's handling of Florida's state pension fund, which lost $335 million during Enron's collapse, prompting racketeering subpoenas from Florida Attorney General Bob Butterworth."
In November 2003, Alliance Capital was "being investigated by New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer for improper trading moves and [had] put aside $190 million to cover restitution and legal costs relating to the case." It was "also being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission for payments to Morgan Stanley to obtain preferred status with investors."
Accessed March 2013: 
- Peter S. Kraus - Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
- Henri de Castries - Chief Executive Officer of AXA
- Steven G. Elliott - Director—AllianceBernstein Corporation
- Weston M. Hicks - Director, President and Chief Executive Officer, Alleghany Corporation
- Kevin Molloy - Director—AllianceBernstein Corporation
- Lorie A. Slutsky - President and Chief Executive Officer, The New York Community Trust
- Peter J. Tobin - Lead Independent Director—AllianceBernstein Corporation
- Christopher M. Condron - Director—AllianceBernstein Corporation
- Denis Duverne - Deputy Chief Executive Officer of AXA
- Deborah S. Hechinger - Independent Consultant on Non-Profit Governance
- Andrew J. McMahon - President, AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company
- Mark Pearson - Director, President and Chief Executive Officer, AXA Financial, Inc.
- A.W. (Pete) Smith, Jr. - President, Smith Compensation Consulting
Articles and resources
- "Who's who," Washington Monthly (TheFreeLibrary.com), March 1, 2002.
- Nathaniel Popper, "Hollinger Woes Casting a Pall Over Future of Neocon Papers," The Jewish Daily Forward, November 21, 2003.
- AllianceBernstein Board, organizational web page, accessed March 12, 2013.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Vice Chairman Roger Hertog, of the Manhattan Institute, American Enterprise Institute, New Republic, etc.; described as the "one man who has, far more than anyone else, financially enabled this movement to exist", "this movement" being the "intertwined world of the neoconservatives" (see Hertog page for ref.)
- William H. Donaldson
- Kevin Dolan
- George Blunden
- Leslie Manookian - former Director