Alliance of Small Island States
The Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) is a coalition of small island and low-lying coastal countries comprising 43 countries and observers spanning Africa, the Caribbean, the Indian Ocean, the Mediterranean, the Pacific and South China Sea. On its website it states that it operates as "an ad hoc lobby and negotiating voice for small island developing States (SIDS) within the United Nations system". AOSIS has been particularly prominent in the promoting the need for an effective United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, raising issues around climate justice.
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Alliance of Small Island States and climate change negotiations
- Accra Climate Change Talks 2008
- Clean Development Mechanism
- Emissions Trading
- Joint Implementation
- Kyoto Protocol
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Alliance of Small Island States, "The Alliance", accessed September 2008.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|