|Campaign to |
|Company Name||Allstate Corporation|
|CEO Name||Thomas Wilson|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$6,507,775|
|Underfunded Company Pension||-$1,156,000,000|
|Annual Company Revenue||$32,654,000,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$13,030,000|
|Click here for sources.|
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
Allstate (The Allstate Corporation) sells auto, homeowners, and life insurance in the U.S. and Canada. It is the number two personal insurance company in the U.S. after State Farm. Subsidiaries are Allstate Life, American Heritage Life, and Lincoln Benefit Life. It also has investment products for middle-income and affluent customers. It provides emergency road service and recently launched Allstate Bank.
In 2011, Allstate had revenues of $33,000,000,000.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem."
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
|Key executives and 2011 pay: ||Options
|Thomas J. Wilson, II, Chief Executive Officer||$3,420,000||$0|
|Judith Pepple Greffin, Executive VP and Chief Investment Officer||$1,360,000||$0|
|Don Civgin, Chief Financial Officer||$1,400,000||$0|
|Matthew E. Winter, President of Allstate Auto, Home and Agencies||$1,700,000||$0|
|Suren Gupta, Executive VP of Technology & Operations||$1,250,000||$0|
Board of Directors
As of January 2013
- Thomas J. Wilson, Chairman, President & CEO
- F. Duane Ackerman, former Chairman and CEO of BellSouth (now AT&T)
- Robert D. Beyer
- Kermit R. Crawford, President of pharmacy, health and wellness for Walgreen Co.
- W. James Farrell, Director of Abbott Laboratories, Kraft Foods Inc., 3M Company and UAL Corporation (United Airlines)
- Jack M. Greenberg, Chairman of The Western Union Company, Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of McDonald's
- Ronald T. LeMay, Former President and Chief Operating Officer of Sprint (now Sprint Nextel)
- Andrea Redmond
- H. John Riley, Jr., Lead Director
- John W. Rowe, Chairman and CEO of Exelon Corporation
- Joshua I. Smith
- Judith A. Sprieser
- Mary Alice Taylor
Former board members include: 
- Edward M. Liddy - Chair
Allstate gave $195,300 to federal candidates in the 2006 election through its political action committee - 31% to Democrats, 67% to Republicans, and %2 ($3,000) to independent Joseph Lieberman (I-CT). 
The Allstate Corporations
2775 Sanders Rd.
Northbrook, IL 60062-6127
Resources and Articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- Allstate Profile, Hoovers, accessed July 2007.
- Yahoo Finance The AllState Corporation: Key Statistics, accessed January 2013
- Allstate Key Executives, Yahoo Finance, accessed January 2013.
- The Allstate Corporation Board of Directors, organizational website, accessed January 2013
- Board of Directors, Allstate, accessed July 2007.
- 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed October 2007.
- Allstate lobbying expenses, Open Secrets, accessed October 2007.