Alyson J. K. Bailes
Alyson J.K. Bailes "is the Director of the Stockholm Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) Before that she served 32 years in the British Diplomatic Service, many of the positions involving arms control, security policy and defence related matters. From 1987 until 1990 she served as Deputy Head of Mission at the Embassy in Beijing, being actively involved in the negotiations on Hong Kong. In 1994-1996 she was head of the FCO Security Policy Department and from 1997 to June 2000 Political Director of the Brussels-based European defence institution, Western European Union. In 2000 she was appointed Ambassador to Finland, a position she held until 2002 when she resigned from the Diplomatic Service to take up her current position at SIPRI." 
- Commissioner, Weapons of Mass Destruction Commission 
- International Advisory Board, Crisis Management Initiative 
- International Advisory Board, Geneva Centre for Security Policy 
- Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces: International Advisory Board
- Advisory Council, Independent Diplomat 
Resources and articles
- Alyson J. K. Bailes, Weapons of Mass Destruction Commission, accessed October 8, 2007.
- Commissioners, Weapons of Mass Destruction Commission, accessed October 8, 2007.
- International Advisory Board, Crisis Management Initiative, accessed September 5, 2007.
- International Advisory Board, Geneva Centre for Security Policy, accessed February 16, 2010.
- Advisory Council, Independent Diplomat, accessed September 14, 2011.