America-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Inc. (AMIDEAST) was formed in 1951 and "is a private, nonprofit organization that strengthens mutual understanding and cooperation between Americans and the peoples of the Middle East and North Africa. Every year, AMIDEAST provides English language and professional skills training, educational advising, and testing services to hundreds of thousands of students and professionals in the Middle East and North Africa; supports numerous institutional development projects in the region; and administers educational exchange programs. Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST is headquartered in Washington, DC with a network of field offices in Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, West Bank/Gaza, and Yemen." 
Listed as a donor for the Sustainable Democracy Center.
Donors and sponsors
Contributions for Fiscal Year 2004 Benefactors ($20,000+)
- Saudi Aramco
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Occidental Petroleum
- Embassy of Qatar
- Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Ambassador Theodore H. Kattouf - President and Chief Executive Officer
- William J. Benz - Senior Vice President, Finance and Administration
- Kate Archambault - Vice President, Exchange Programs
- Vincent V. DeSomma - Vice President, Business Development
- James T. Grabowski - Vice President, Field Operations
- Leslie S. Nucho - Vice President, Programs for Americans
- Gregory Touma - Vice President, Administration
- Mary W. Gray*, Chair - Professor of Mathematics, American University
- The Honorable Theodore H. Kattouf*, President and Chief Executive Officer, Former U.S. Ambassador
- The Honorable Nicholas A. Veliotes*, Vice Chair - Former President, Association of American Publishers; former U.S. Ambassador and Assistant Secretary of State
- The Hon. Raymond E. Mabus*, Treasurer - Former Governor of Mississippi; former U.S. Ambassador
- Richard Abdoo - President, R.A. Abdoo & Co., LLC
- Odeh Aburdene* - President, OAI Advisors
- Amal Alayan - Ibtikar Venture Partners, LLC
- Kutayba Yusuf Alghanim - Consul General of Saint Kitts and Nevis to the United Nations
- Betty W. Atherton (Emerita) - Former Project Associate, Creative Associates, Inc.
- Alfred J. Boulos - International Advisor and Counsel, Boulos International; former Senior Director, International Acquisitions and Exploration, Conoco, Inc.
- Curtis Brand* - Former President, Mobil Shipping & Transportation Company, former Chairman, Mobil Saudi Arabia
- Sherrill Cleland - President Emeritus, Marietta College; Trustee, KnowledgeWorks Foundation
- Honorable Robert S. Dillon (Emeritus) - Former AMIDEAST President and Chief Executive Officer, former Deputy Commissioner General of UNRWA and U.S. Ambassador
- Hasan M. El-Khatib - President, Dena Corporation
- Elizabeth W. Fernea (Emerita) - Professor Emerita,Center for Middle Eastern Studies; University of Texas
- Antoine N. Frem - President, the INDEVCO Group of Companies and Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Interstate Resources
- Honorable Edward M. Gabriel - President, The Gabriel Company; former U.S. Ambassador
- James Q. Griffin - Vice-President and Secretary, Wilmerding, Miller & Co.
- Doris C. Halaby - Chair, Stanley M. Isaacs Neighborhood Center
- Taher Helmy - Senior Partner, Helmy, Hamza & Partners (Baker & McKenzie)
- Alan W. Horton (Emeritus) - Former Director, Center for Mediterranean Studies
- Paul Jabber - President, Globicom Inc.
- Raymond Jallow - Chairman, Jallow International Ltd.
- Samir Khalaf - Professor of Sociology and Director, Center for Behavioral Research, American University of Beirut
- Mary E. King - Professor of Peace and Conflict Studies, University for Peace of the United Nations
- Mr. D. Patrick Maley III* - Hanover Energy Associates
- The Honorable Robert H. Pelletreau - Former U.S. Ambassador and Assistant Secretary of State
- The Honorable William A. Rugh* - Former AMIDEAST President and Chief Executive Officer; former U.S. Ambassador
- Frederick C. Seibold, Jr. - Consultant; Former Vice-President and Treasurer, Sears World Trade
- H.E. Leila Abdul Hamid Sharaf - Member of Parliament and former Minister, Jordan
- Mr. J.T. Jack Tymann* - President, Smart Partnerships International; former President of CBS/Westinghouse International Services Co.
(*Executive Committee Members) Source
1730 M Street, NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20036-4505
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:30
Email: inquiries AT amideast.org