Jump to navigation Jump to search
Amy Chua is a professor of law at Yale Law School.
According to her biographical profile her subjects are "contracts, international business transactions, law and development, ethnic conflict and globalization and the law." 
- Advisor, Americans for Informed Democracy
- Women’s Leadership Program Expert Advisory Panel, Iraqi Women's Educational Institute
- Committee on Publications, Yale University Press 
- World on Fire: How Exporting Free Market Democracy Breeds Ethnic Hatred and Global Instability, Doubleday; 1st edition December 2002. ISBN 0385503024. Anchor: January 2004 (new afterword). ISBN 0385721862.
- Day of Empire: How Hyperpowers Rise to Global Dominance--And Why They Fall, Doubleday; 2007. ISBN 0385512848. Znet Review
- "Americans don't hate Bill Gates, even though he has owned as much as 40 percent of the American population put together. They don't feel cheated or exploited by him, or that he has humiliated Americans by making billions 'on their soil.' Not so in societies with a market-dominant minority. In these societies, class and ethnicity overlap in a particularly dangereous way. The extremely wealthy stick out -- whether because of their origins, skin color, religion, language or 'blood ties' -- from the impoverished masses around them, and they are seen by these majorities as belonging to a different ethnicity or people -- as 'outsiders' who look different, speak differently, or as Fiji's nationalist leader George Speight recently said of his county's market-dominant Indian minority, 'smell different.'...
- "Most Americans -- whether ordinary citizens, commentators on globalization, or policymakers -- are unaware of this problem. As a result, we have been confidently exporting free market capitalism to the rest of the world, oblivious the ethnic hatred and instability we are systematically helping to breed." (World on Fire, pp. 19-20.)
- Amy L. Chua
- Professor of Law
- Yale Law School
- P.O. Box 208215
- New Haven, CT 06520
- Email: email@example.com
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Small Grant and Capacity Building Initiative Expert Panel, Iraqi Women's Educational Institute, accessed November 30, 2007.
- 2006/07 Annual Report, Yale University Press, accessed November 24, 2008.