"Anchor Trust has always had an eye on the future. Starting life in 1968 as Help the Aged (Oxford) Housing Association, we have been innovating and raising standards so elderly people get the best out of life. Our first sheltered housing schemes were opened in 1970 and we created Guardian Housing Association in 1972, providing sheltered leasehold flats.
"Having adopted the name Anchor Housing Association in 1975, we launched Anchor Staying Put in the 1980s to offer free advice on home repairs...
"...three schemes offering retirement properties for rent with care services were built as part of a 25-year contract with Coventry City Council. The contract includes two care homes offering dementia care."  Anchor is England’s largest not-for-profit housing association, providing housing, care and support to people over 55 years old. wiki
Its patron is Princess Alexandra.
Accessed April 2013: 
- Rima Makarem - Trustee Director
- Graham Watts – Vice-Chairman, Chairman of Audit and Risk Committee
- Aman Dalvi OBE – Chairman
- Lesley James CBE – Trustee Director
- Angela Horsman – Trustee Director
- Stephen Jack - Trustee Director
- Paul Doona – Trustee Director
- Chris Wood – Trustee Director
Resources and articles