|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Articles and resources
Andrew Tyrie MP is a conservative member of the UK Parliament. He is chair of the Treasury Select Committee, and is skeptical of many aspects of anthropogenic global warming , being one of only five MPs who voted against the 2008 Climate Change Bill.
In a telephone interview with the Guardian he claimed that one-third of scientists do not blame global warming on emissions from human activities. "Stern is radically wrong," he added, in arguing that acting now to cut carbon would be cheaper in the long run. And that "There are lots of armageddon scenarios, all of them fringe views, none are supported by any leading scientists. Most of the world's leading scientists do not support tipping point theories." 
Tyrie is pro fracking but says he is 'very unlikely' to support fracking in his own constituency
- Advisory Board, Centre for Policy Studies 
- Advisory Board, CentreForum 
Related SourceWatch articles
- ↑ ""
- ↑ "http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/fracking/10482667/Pro-fracking-Tory-MP-rejects-drilling-in-his-own-backyard.html"
- ↑ Centre for Policy Studies Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed April 11, 2013.
- ↑ CentreForum Board, organizational web page, accessed July 8, 2012.
- Voting record on TheyWorkForYou http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10613/andrew_tyrie/chichester
- House of Commons biog page http://www.parliament.uk/biographies/commons/mr-andrew-tyrie/112
- BBC Profile http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2066965.stm
- Guardian Profile http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/person/5291/andrew-tyrie
[[category: ]] add category tags, if you know them. you can also create them but please search first.