Antang Gunung Meratus mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor and the Center for Media and Democracy.|
Antang Gunung Meratus mine (AGM) is coal mine located in approximately 100km north-east from the city of Banjarmasin, in South Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Idemitsu, one of the mine’s shareholders at the time, stated that the mine produced approximately 3 million tonnes of coal a year, as of 2012. In a media release, Idemitsu stated that the mine is producing "producing low sulphur, and low ash sub-bituminous coal. AGM mine is owned by BSSR, planning to produce 7 million tons by the end of 2014, and an additional increase after 2015."
- Owner: Antang Gunung Meratus (AGM) 
- Parent company: Baramulti Suksessarana
- Location: Rumintin, South Tapin, Tapin Regency, South Kalimantan, Indonesia
- GPS coordinates: -3.032071, 115.138811
- Mine status: Operating
- Start year:’ 1999
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal type:’’'
- Mine size: 22,433 hectares
- Mine type: Surface
- Production: 6.7 million tons per annum
- Additional proposed production:
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Alexander Ginting (Publisher), Robert Sihotang (Project Leader), Reiner Simanjuntak, Johannes Simbolon, Tyasno Hery, Rudi Simangunsong, Adianto Simamora, Godang Sitompul, Romel S., Yuda Prihatna, Abdul Karim, lpunk AF [Paper Copy, Indonesian Coal Book 2016/2017] Petromindo.Com, May 2016 Release
- Wood Mackenzie Antang Gunung Meratus coal mine asset report, August 29, 2019
- Idemitsu Kosan, "Announcement regarding share acquisition of Indonesian Coal Company", Media Release, November 8, 2012.