Lord Colwyn  In late 2013 he was listed as President of the Parliamentary Group for Alternative and Complementary Medicine and President of the Natural Medicines Society.
In 1996 he said "My Lords, I am delighted that the noble Earl, Lord Baldwin of Bewdley, managed to secure some time for a debate on the subject of complementary medicine. I congratulate him on the clear and concise way in which he introduced the subject. I put down a similar Motion for the whole of the last Session without having any success at all. Obviously, there are some advantages in being on the Cross Benches. I should declare an interest as president of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Alternative and Complementary Medicine. At this point perhaps I may say how sorry I am that Lord Ennals is no longer with us. He was joint president with me. I am also president of the Natural Medicines Society and patron of the Research Council for Complementary Medicine. As a practising dentist I use complementary therapies whenever appropriate for my patients." 
Due to commitments at The House of Lords, Lord Colwyn stepped down as chairman of Campbell Montague International in 2008.
- Party groups: Member, Conservative Medical Society; Executive member, Association of Conservative Peers 2004-10
- Vice President, British Fluoridation Society
- Vice President, Blackie Foundation Trust 
- Patron, National Federation of Spiritual Healers
- Patron (2013), Foundation for Research into Traditional Chinese Medicine 
Resources and articles
- Alternative and Complementary Medicine APPG
- Integrated and Complementary Healthcare APPG
- Jazz Appreciation Group APPG