Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Arlington Group
- American Association of Christian Counselors, Tim Clinton, President
- American Family Association, Don Wildmon, President
- American Family Association Michigan, Gary Glenn, President
- American Values, Gary Bauer, President
- Bott Radio Network, Richard Bott, Vice President
- CatholicVote.org, Raymond Flynn
- Citizens for Community Values, Phil Burress, President
- Coalition of African American Pastors, William Owens
- ConservativeHQ.com, Richard Viguerie
- Coral Ridge Ministries, Dr. D. James Kennedy, President
- Covenant Marriage Movement, Phil Waugh, Executive Director
- Faith 2 Action, Janet Folger, President
- Family Research Council, Tony Perkins, President
- Focus on the Family, Dr. James Dobson, Chairman
- Free Congress Foundation, Paul Weyrich, President
- Free Market Foundation, Kelly Shackelford, President
- Liberty Council, Matthew Staver
- Liberty University, Jerry Falwell
- National Association of Evangelicals, Ted Haggard, President
- National Coalition for the Protection of Children/Families, Jack Samad, President
- Salem Communications Corporation, Stuart Epperson
- Southern Baptist Convention, Dr. Richard Land, President
- Traditional Values Coalition, Rev. Lou Sheldon, President
The Arlington Group
801 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Phone: 202 637-4686
FAX: 202 347-4993
Email: info AT thearlingtongroup.org
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Alliance Defense Fund
- Alliance for Marriage
- Federal Marriage Amendment
- The Bush Theocracy
Articles & Profiles
- Sheryl Henderson Blunt, "'A Man and a Woman'. Activists say the Federal Marriage Amendment will be the defining issue in the next election," Christianity Today, November 24, 2003 (posted).
- "Dr. Kennedy and Arlington Group Respond. Statement from 'Arlington Group' on Today's Marriage Ruling in Massachusetts," Coral Ridge Ministries, February 4, 2004.
- "Statement from 'Arlington Group' on Today's Marriage Ruling in Massachusetts," ArriveNet, February 4, 2004.
- Jody Brown and Bill Fancher, "Bush Will Endorse Marriage Amendment, Family Groups Are Told," Agape Press, February 5, 2004.
- Bill Fancher, Chad Groening, and Jody Brown, "Groups Hope Bush Puts Action Behind Verbal Commitment to Defend Marriage. Wording of Potential Constitutional Amendment Critical to the Arlington Group," Agape Press, February 6, 2004.
- Tim Grieve, "Bush's war over gay marriage. The president finally caves to the Christian right and backs a constitutional amendment, the better to beat up John Kerry. But will his newly emboldened right-wing allies go too far?" Salon, February 24, 2004.
- Katherine T. Phan, "New Alliance Forms Between Arlington Pro-family Groups and Coalition of African American Pastors," The Christian Post, June 1, 2004.
- Paul Weyrich, "The Arlington Group," RenewAmerica, December 3, 2004.
- Jeff Diamant, "Conservative Christians Want More From Bush This Time," Newhouse News Service (The Star-Ledger (Newark, NJ)), January 2005.
- Rusty Benson, "Pro-family groups multiply effectiveness in cooperative effort. Leadership of AFA founder brings together major pro-family groups," American Family Association Journal, January 2005.
- David D. Kirkpatrick and Sheryl Gay Stolberg, "Backers of Gay Marriage Ban Use Social Security as Cudgel," New York Times, January 25, 2005.
- Lisa Weiner-Mahfuz, "Federal Marriage Amendment Reintroduced in Congress: Bush's Radical Right Supporters Use Leverage to Advance Agenda of Intolerance," National Organization for Women, January 25, 2005.
- "Log Cabin Urges Arlington Group to Support Republican Efforts to Save Social Security. Far Right Group Should Stop Undermining the President's Plan for Reforming Social Security," Georgia Log Cabin Republicans, January 26, 2005.
- Lou Chibbaro, Jr., "Religious leaders threaten Bush. Arlington Group demands aggressive push for gay marriage ban," Washington Blade, January 28, 2005.
- "Wash. Post uncritically reported dubious White House claim that it didn't 'organize' meeting between Miers's friends, Christian Right group," Media Matters for America, October 18, 2005.
- Mark, "The Arlington Group," The Calladus Blog, November 12, 2005.
- "Right-Wing Agenda Setters: Arlington Group," Legal Momentum, March 2006.
- Jeff Wendling, "Blackwell is darling of foes of gay marriage," The Cleveland Plain Dealer (jewsonfirst.org), May 7, 2006.
- Doug Ireland, "Back to the Future. GOP Revives Anti-Gay Marriage Campaign for ‘06," PublicEye.org, Summer 2006.