"Dr. Artemis P. Simopoulos is a Fellow with the Health Studies Collegium. She is the founder and president of the Center for Genetics, Nutrition and Health, a nonprofit educational organization in Washington, D.C. since 1990. Dr. Simopoulos was a founding member of the International Society for the Study of Fatty Acids and Lipids (ISSFAL) in 1991, secretary/treasurer of ISSFAL from 1991 to 1998, and a member of the editorial board of the ISSFAL newsletter from 1994 to 2000. She is the founder and president of the International Society of Nutrigenetics/ Nutrigenomics (ISNN) and founder and chair of the World Council on Nutrition, Fitness and Health (WCNFH).
"A graduate of Barnard College in New York with a major in chemistry, and a graduate of the Boston University School of Medicine, she is a physician and endocrinologist whose research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) was on the nutritional aspects of genetic and endocrine disorders, evolutionary aspects of diet and fatty acids, and the importance of a balanced ratio of omega-6/omega-3 fatty acids in health and disease and in growth and development. She is the author of The Omega Diet (Harper-Collins, 1999) and has edited numerous books and journal supplements, in addition to publishing over 300 scientific papers. She has been the editor of the Karger series World Review of Nutrition and Dietetics since 1989." 
- President, Center for Genetics, Nutrition and Health – Washington, DC, USA
- President, International Society of Nutrigenetics/Nutrigenomics - Washington, DC, USA
- Founder, The Center for Genetics, Nutrition and Health – Washington, DC
- Founder, International Society of Nutrigenetics/Nutrigenomics - Washington, DC
- Executive Secretary, Division of Medical Sciences, National Research Council, National Academy of Sciences - Washington, DC 1975-1976
- Co-chairman and Executive Secretary, Joint Subcommittee on Human
- Nutrition Research, Executive Office of The President, The White House 1978-1983
- Chairman, NIH Nutrition Coordinating Committee, Office of the Director, and Special Assistant for Coordination of Nutrition Programs, Office of the Director, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 1978-1986
- Chair, IUNS Task Force on "Genetics, Nutrition and Physical Activity in Health and Disease"