Ashok K. Gangadean
Ashok K. Gangadean, Ph.D.
"Ashok Gangadean is Professor of Philosophy at Haverford College (Haverford, PA) where he has taught for the past thirty–six years. He was the first Director of the Margaret Gest Center for the Cross–Cultural Study of Religion at Haverford, and has participated in numerous professional conferences on inter–religious dialogue and East–West comparative philosophy. His primary concern throughout his career has been to clarify the universal logos or common ground at the heart of human reason and rational life. He is Founder–Director of the Global Dialogue Institute which seeks to embody the dialogical powers of global reason in all aspects of cultural life. His book, Meditative Reason: Toward Universal Grammar (Peter Lang, Revisioning Philosophy Series, l993) attempts to open the way to global reason, and a companion volume, Between Worlds: The Emergence of Global Reason (Peter Lang, l997) explores the dialogical common ground between diverse worlds. His forthcoming book, The Awakening of the Global Mind further develops these themes for the general reader.
"Professor Gangadean has focused over the past thirty–five years on tapping and clarifying the deeper common ground between diverse cultural, religious and ideological worlds. In his many published essays and public lectures he has attempted to demonstrate that human reason is essentially global, dialogical, holistic and intercultural. In his books he has attempted to demonstrate that there is a fundamental Logos or Universal Grammar underlying all cultures, religions, philosophies and ideologies. This discovery and clarification of the fundamental Logos in human cultures, experience and life has important implications for effectively addressing the most pressing practical problems humans face today. His Global Dialogue Institute has developed a powerful "Whole Child Education" Pilot Project that has been supported by UNICEF and the Ministry of Educaton in Indonesia. This integral approach to education and teacher training uses the power of Deep Dialogue to renovate the teaching and learning ecology of education.
"While his earlier books attempt to demonstrate that human reason is essentially grounded in the fundamental Logos that is the common ground between diverse worlds, the Awakening attempts to communicate these findings to everyday people who have no background in philosophy and who urgently need to understand and cope with the profound changes we now face in the globalization of our cultures. He is Co–Convenor of the recently formed World Commission on Global Consciousness and Spirituality which brings eminent world leaders together in sustained deep dialogue to cultivate global vision and wisdom for the new millennium. This high level Commission has been supported generously by the Breuninger Foundation and has held annual retreats in the past three years at their Wasan Island Retreat...
"Gangadean recently formed his ((Awakening)) Productions to begin work on producing a six–part series for television on the narrative of his forthcoming book The Awakening of the Global Mind. Also, his book Meditations on Global First Philosophy: The Quest for the Missing Grammar of Logos has just been accepted for publication by SUNY Press and will appear next year." 
- Founder, Awakening Mind
- Co-Chair, World Wisdom Council 
- Welcoming Committee, Birth 2012 
- Director, Source of Synergy Foundation 
- Visionary, The Vision Project
- Advisory Board, People's Foundation 
- Advisory Board, Friends of Falun Gong USA 
- Advisory Board, European Management Institute 
- Founding Signatory (2008), Evolutionary Leaders Forum 
- Advisor/Supporter, We, The World 
- Patron, Ouroboros Research and Education Trust 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Ashok K. Gangadean, Awakening Mind, accessed July 29, 2008.
- World Wisdom Council, Club of Budapest, accessed December 16, 2011.
- Birth2012 Birth 2012 Welcoming Committee Members, organizational web page, accessed April 29, 2012.
- About, Source of Synergy Foundation, accessed November 1, 2011.
- Advisory Board, People's Foundation, accessed December 16, 2011.
- Advisory Board, Friends of Falun Gong USA, accessed July 30, 2008.
- Advisory Board, European Management Institute, accessed August 26, 2008.
- Leaders, Evolutionary Leaders Forum, accessed November 1, 2011.
- We, The World About, organizational web page, accessed May 6, 2012.
- Ouroboros Research and Education Trust Patrons, organizational web page, accessed September 19, 2013.