Australian uranium exports to China
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In August 2006 the Australian government tabled agreements and supporting documents to allow the export of uranium to China and promote co-operation on the development of nuclear power.
Australian Government Treaty Related Documents
- "Agreement between the Government of Australia and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on the Transfer of Nuclear Material, Canberra, 3 April 2006. (77KB Pdf)
- "NIA Consultation and Background documents for the Transfer of Nuclear Material with China treaty", (Pdf 205KB)
- "Regulation Impact Statement" (44KB Pdf)
- "Agreement between the Government of Australia and the Government of the People’s Republic of China for Cooperation in the Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy", Canberra, 3 April 2006. (44KB Pdf)
- "NIA Consultation and Background documents for the Cooperation in the Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy with China treaty", (189Kb Pdf)
- "Regulation Impact Statement". (44Kb Pdf)
Submissions from mining industry groups
- Association of Mining and Exploration Companies (PDF 162KB)
- Minerals Council of Australia (PDF 757KB) (Note: Both Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton did not make corporate submissions but are the dominant Australian uranium exporters and major members of the MCA).
- Paladin Resources Limited (PDF 75KB)
- Australian Uranium Association (PDF 309KB) (Note: Both Rio Tinto's uranium subidiary Energy Resources of Australia and BHP Billiton are full members of the UAA. Rio Tinto subsidiary, Canning Resources is an Associate Member).
- Australian Uranium Association Supplementary to submission(PDF 25KB)
- Joint Standing Committee on Treaties (JSCOT) Inquiry Website: http://www.aph.gov.au/house/committee/jsct/8august2006/index.htm
- List of submissions to JSCOT: http://www.aph.gov.au/house/committee/jsct/8august2006/subs2.htm
- Public hearings and transcripts: http://www.aph.gov.au/house/committee/jsct/8august2006/hearings2.htm
- JSCOT committee report: http://www.aph.gov.au/house/committee/jsct/8august2006/report.htm