Avis T. Bohlen
Avis T. Bohlen is a director and chair of IREX and "a former public policy scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington, DC. Prior to this, she served as a career foreign service officer with the US State Department for 25 years and held positions including Assistant Secretary for Arms Control (1999-2002), Ambassador to Bulgaria (1996-1999) and Deputy Chief of Mission at the US Embassy in Paris (1991-1995). Prior to joining the foreign service, Ms. Bohlen worked for the US Arms Control and Disarmament Agency and was a member of the US delegation to the Mutual and Balanced Force Reductions talks in Vienna." 
- Advisory board, Women in International Security
- Director, American Academy of Diplomacy 
- Director, Independent Diplomat 
- Transatlantic Steering Group, Project on Democratic Transitions 
Resources and articles
- "Avis T. Bohlen", IREX, Accessed October 2006.