BBC World Service
Jump to navigation Jump to search
BBC WORLD SERVICE "Provides international news, analysis and information in English and 32 other languages." 
- Nigel Chapman, Director, BBC World Service
Accessed April 2008: 
- Nigel Chapman - Director, BBC World Service (Chair); Responsible for the overall editorial leadership and management of BBC World Service. He is the BBC World Service Accounting Officer
- Behrouz Afagh - Head of EurAsia Region; Responsible for broadcasts and new media in Azeri, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Pashto, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian and Uzbek
- Alan Booth - Controller, Marketing Communications and Audiences; Responsible for marketing, publicity, audiences and market research
- Mike Cronk - Controller, Distribution and Technology; Responsible for distribution, delivery and technological developments
- Lesley Granger - Director, Human Resources; Responsible for HR strategy and delivery of HR services
- Phil Harding - Director, English Networks and News; Responsible for English Network output and the supply of news and programme material to BBC World Service regions
- Nikki Clarke - Head of Americas and Europe Region; Responsible for broadcasts and new media in Albanian, English for North America and the Caribbean, Macedonian, Portuguese for Brazil, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish for Latin America, Turkish and Ukrainian
- Lindsey North - Head of Legal; Responsible for legal advice across BBC World Service and BBC Monitoring
- John Renner - Change Director; Responsible for planning the BBC World Service move to Broadcasting House
- Hugh Saxby - BBC World Service Secretary; Responsible for governance, accountability and internal communications
- Jerry Timmins - Head of Africa and Middle East Region; Responsible for broadcasts and new media in Arabic, French, Hausa, Kinyarwanda/Kirundi, Portuguese, Somali, Swahili and English for Africa
- Alison Woodhams - Chief Operating Officer and Director of Finance; Responsible for BBC World Service finances and oversees all business development activities
- Zdenka Krizman - Head of Europe Region, retired on 16 February 2007.
- Fred Martensen - Head of Strategy, left on 23 January 2007. Ketan Chaukar became Acting Head of Strategy from 24 January 2007.
- Lucio Mesquita - Head of Americas and Europe Region, left on 14 February 2007. Nikki Clarke became Head of Americas and Europe Region on 1 April 2007.
- Myra Hunt - Head of New Media, began maternity leave on 17 December 2006. Sally Thompson was Acting Head of New Media from 17 December 2006 until 31 March 2007.
- Tom Mills, "BBC charity committed to promoting UK Government propaganda in Afghanistan", Spinwatch, 7 December 2010.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- BBC World Service Trust
- Tom Porteous - former Editor
- Sir John Tusa - former Managing Director
- David Page
- Michael Mercieca - former financial director