"She is currently the Senior Independent Non-Executive Director of the Financial Conduct Authority. She was previously Chair of 3i Group plc and has been a Non-Executive Director of numerous of other companies including BG Group Plc and GKN Plc. She has served as Lead Independent Non-Executive Director of HM Treasury and Chair of the Financial Reporting Council. Sarah was Head of the Prime Minister’s Policy Unit under John Major, and previously Economics Editor of several leading newspapers including The Times, The Telegraph and The Economist." 
Appointed as a BG Group "Non-Executive Director in January 2005. The Board nominated her as Senior Independent Director from January 2009. Skills and experience: Sarah is a former head of the Prime Minister’s Policy Unit as second permanent secretary from 1990 to 1995, and has extensive experience of business, government and the media. Until 2010, she was chairman of 3i Group plc and has been a non-executive director of several other FTSE 100 companies. wiki
She was an economics editor for The Independent newspaper.
- Chairman, Financial Reporting Council
- Chairman, Frontier Economics Limited
- Member of the Panel on Takeovers and Mergers
- Senior adviser to the Financial Services Authority
- Member of the government’s Treasury Board
- Non-executive director, John Lewis Partnership
- Council, Institute for Fiscal Studies
- Patron, SHINE
- Non-Executive Director and Senior Independent Director, Royal Mail Group (appointed 1 October 2019)
- Too Close to Call: John Major, Power and Politics in No.10 by Sarah Hogg & Jonathan Hill, Little, Brown (1995).