Barry Poulson is a former Professor of Economics at the University of Colorado-Boulder, who now serves as an Advisor on the American Legislative Exchange Council’s (ALEC) Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force.
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.
Involvement with Conservative Organizations
Americans for Prosperity, a Koch Family Foundations corporate front group, also lists Poulson as one of their “Distinguished Scholars.”Furthermore, Poulson is an “adjunct scholar” at the Heritage Foundation, as well as a senior fellow at the Koch-funded Independent Institute.Poulson also serves on the Research Advisory Council for the Cato Institute-funded James Madison Institute – Cato is also funded, in part, by the Koch Family Foundations.Poulson also oversees the Koch Summer Fellowship Program at the University of Colorado-Boulder.
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Chris Lauzen and Barry Poulson, Is There a Gorilla in Your Backyard?, ALEC Policy Forum, American Legislative Exchange Council, ALEC.org, May 2009, Accessed July 3, 2011, p. 10.
- "A Comprehensive Reform of the Kansas Public Employee Retirement System", Kansas Policy Institute, KansasPolicy.org, March 2011, Accessed July 3, 2011, p.2.
- "Distinguished Scholar authors paper on budget stabilization", Americans for Prosperity, AmericansForProsperity.org, Accessed July 3, 2011.
- “Barry W. Poulson”, University of Colorado-Boulder Department of Economics, Colorado.Edu, Accessed July 3, 2011.
- “Research Advisory Council”, James Madison Institute, JamesMadison.org, Accessed July 3, 2011.
- “Koch Fellowship Program in Public Policy: University of Colorado 2010-2011”, Colorado.Edu, Accessed July 3, 2011.
- “Text of a Letter to the President”, The White House: President George W. Bush, GeorgeWBush-WhiteHouse.Archives.Gov, Feb. 12, 2003, Accessed July 3, 2011.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|