Barton Otto Schott
Bart Schott is the President of the Corn Board of the National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) and the Secretary of the Board of the U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance (USFRA). He is also a farmer with 4000 acres in Kulm, N.D.
- "Schott and his family are third- and fourth-generation owner/operators raising no-till corn, soybeans and wheat. Schott also runs a seed business including both sales and small grain seed for the North Dakota Seed Department. He has served as chairman and vice chairman of the North Dakota Corn Council.
Schott is a member of the National Corn-to-Ethanol Research Advisory Board and the NCGA delegate to the U.S. Grains Council., as well as a member of the Agri-Industry Council Executive Committee. He has also served as Corn Board liaison for the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, as a member of the NCGA Finance Committee, as first vice president of the Sweetener Coalition and as a liaison for NCGA’s Grower Services Action Team. Schott was previously a member of the NCGA Biotechnology Working Group, chairman of NCGA’s Bylaws Committee and a member of the Research and Development Business Action Team."
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- National Corn Growers Association
- U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance (USFRA)
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Sweetener Coalition
- Agri-Industry Council
- National Corn-to-Ethanol Research Advisory Board
- NCGA 2010-2011 President Bart Schott, YouTube, August 4, 2010.
- Shawna (Robertson) Aakre, NCGA President Bart Schott outlines highlights in recently released ADAP to replace ACRE, American Ag Network, September 13, 2011.
- Bart Schott: Let it stand, Dakota Farmer, September 7, 2010.
- National Corn Growers Association 2010-2011 President Bart Schott, Corn and Soybean Digest, August 4, 2010.
- NCGA Corn Board Selects North Dakota’s Bart Schott as Next First Vice President: "Schott has served as chairman of the North Dakota Corn Council.", June 13, 2009.