Be the Change
"Be the Change, Inc. is a nonprofit that creates national issue based campaigns by organizing coalitions of non-profits, social entrepreneurs, policymakers, private sector and civic leaders, academics, and citizens. Vibrant coalitions, collaborative policymaking, bipartisan advocacy, and galvanizing events and online outreach are hallmarks of Be the Change, Inc. campaigns. Our combined grasstops and grassroots approach engages well-known voices in entertainment, retail, government, and philanthropy-and, through their megaphones, Americans of all ages and backgrounds. ServiceNation, the first campaign launched from Be the Change, Inc.'s platform with over 270 organizations in its coalition, helped to achieve the strongly bi-partisan Kennedy Serve America Act -- the greatest expansion of national service in our country in 60 years. ServiceNation also helped to inspire new service commitments from the entertainment industry, Mayors through Cities of Service, and a breakthrough partnership between the military and civilian service communities called Mission Serve. OpportunityNation, our second campaign, launching in 2011, will promote thoughtful, practical and bi-partisan solutions to increase opportunity and economic mobility in America." 
Accessed April 2011: 
- Alan Khazei - Founder and CEO, Be the Change, Inc.
- Kristen Atwood - Founding Staff Member, City Year, Inc.
- Richard Barth - and CEO, KIPP Foundation.
- Josh Bekenstein - Managing Director, Bain Capital
- Dan Carroll - Retired Partner, TPG Capital
- David Gergen - Director, Center for Public Leadership, Harvard University
- Ben Goldhirsh - Founder, GOOD Magazine
- Sandra M. Edgerley
- Hubie Jones - Social Entrepreneur in Residence, City Year, Inc.
- Jonathan Lavine - Managing Director, Bain Capital
- Bill McClements - Global Human Resources Officer, Integreon
- Michelle Nunn - Co-Founder and CEO, Points Of Light & Hands On Network
- Jon Schnur - Co-Founder & CEO, New Leaders for New Schools
Resources and articles
- Ross Cohen - Director of Civilian-Military Partnerships
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- not the same as Be The Change Initiative