Beitun Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Beitun Cogen power station (新疆农十师北屯热电一期) is a 270-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Beitun City.
Background on Plant
The units were commissioned in 2016.
Description of Expansion
According to a 2012 World Resources Institute working paper, Guodian was planning to build two additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 700 MW.
However, there has been no developments on the proposal, and it appears to be abandoned.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Beitun City, Altay Prefecture, Ili Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 47.325034, 87.767784 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1 & 2); Cancelled (Units 3 & 4)
- Gross capacity: 270 MW (Units 1 & 2: 135 MW); 700 MW (Units 3 & 4: 350 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2016
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "湖南火电签订北屯热电2×135MWPC总承包合同", 中国火力发电网, 2013-12-30
- "北屯市2×135兆瓦热电联产项目冷却塔顺利封顶", 新疆兵团网, 2014-08-13
- "北屯热电联产项目获批接入新疆电网", 中国国电集团公司北屯公司, 2012-04-24
- "北屯热电联产项目接入系统历经坎坷终结果", 国电北屯发电有限公司, 2012-05-01
- "新疆北屯热电1号机组风压试验完成," 2015-09-02
- "新疆北屯2×135MW热电联产工程2号机组除氧器吊装就位," 2015-04-13
- "新疆北屯热电2号机组并网发电," 2016-07-18
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017