Betty Ann Marsee
Betty Ann Marsee is a nurse and the mother of Sean Marsee, an Oklahoma child who started using chewing tobacco at age 12, and died of oral cancer before graduating high school. Betty Marsee subsequently brought a $147 million product-liability suit against the United States Smokeless Tobacco Company over her son's death, on the grounds that the company failed to adequately warn about the danger of the product.
Related Sourcewatch resources
- Sean Marsee
- United States Tobacco Company
- Health claims/health reassurance
- Marsee v. United States Tobacco Co.
- Betty Ann Marsee, as Administratrix of the estate of Marvin Sean Marsee, deceased, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. UNITED STATES TOBACCO COMPANY, a New Jersey corporation, Defendant-Appellee, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, January 10, 1989, 27 Fed. R. Evid. Serv. 694; 866 F.2d 319; 57 USLW 2436
- Claudia Wallace, Time Magazine Into the Mouths of Babes, June 24, 2001