Bexbach-C power station

From SourceWatch
Jump to navigation Jump to search

{{#badges: CoalSwarm|Navbar-Germanyandcoal}} Bexbach-C power station is a 773-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Saarland, Germany.

In November 2016, plant owner Steag GmbH said it plans to mothball nearly a third of its German power generation capacity, including Bexbach, citing a massive decline in wholesale prices.[1]

Location

The undated satellite below shows the plant in Bexbach, Saarpfalz.

Loading map...

Background

The 773 MW plant was commissioned in 1983.[2]

In September 2014 STEAG agreed to the takeover of EnBW's share in the power station. EnBW held 75 percent of Bexbach-C and STEAG owned the remaining 25 percent.[3]

Project Details

  • Sponsor: KW Bexbach VWG MbH
  • Parent company: STEAG
  • Developer:
  • Location: Bexbach, Saarpfalz, Saarland, Germany
  • Coordinates: 49.363454, 7.237098 (exact)
  • Status: Operating
  • Capacity: 773 MW
  • Start date: 1983
  • Type: Subcritical
  • Coal Type: Bituminous
  • Coal Source:
  • Source of financing:

Resources and articles

References

Related SourceWatch Articles

External Resources