Bharrat Jagdeo (born 23 January 1964) is a Guyanese politician who was President of Guyana from 11 August 1999, to 3 December 2011. wiki
In March 2012 the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) announced the appointment of former President of Guyana, Bharrat Jagdeo, as IUCN High Level Envoy for Sustainable Development in Forest Countries and Patron of Nature. 
"President Jagdeo served as Chairman of the Board of Governors of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank Group from September 2005 until September 2006. He has been awarded the Pushkin Medal by the Government of Russia and the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award by the Government of India. President Jagdeo was named one of Time magazine’s Heroes of the Environment in 2008 for his dedication to the conservation of Guyana’s forests and tackling climate change." 
- Founder, Initiative for the Integration of Regional Infrastructure in South America (IIRSA)
- Director, Global Green Growth Institute
- Patron, World Sustainable Development Forum 
Resources and articles
- redd-monitor Protest at appointment of ex-President Bharrat Jagdeo of Guyana as IUCN high level envoy for sustainable development in forest countries, organizational web page, accessed October 21, 2012.
- World Sustainable Development Forum Patrons, organizational web page, accessed October 21, 2012.