Bhatgaon coal mine
Bhatgaon coal mine is a 3 million ton-per-annum (MTPA) coal mine in Chhattisgarh state, India.
The map below shows the location of the Bhatgaon coal mine, near Bhatgaon village, Surguja district, Chhattisgarh state.
Background on Mine
The 3 million ton-per-annum Bhatgaon coal mine is owned by South Eastern Coalfields Limited (a subsidiary of state-owned Coal India). Some sources consider it be to be part of the Bisrampur coalfield.
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Bhatgaon village, Surguja district, Chhattisgarh state, India
- Coordinates: 23.37063, 82.99223 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 3 MTPA
- Reserves: 18 MT
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: Surface and underground
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- SECL - Coal Resources/Reserves as per UNFC as on 01.04.2011, CMPDI website, accessed May 2015.
- Key Performance Highlights of SECL in 2012-13, SECL/Ministry of Coal website, accessed May 2015.