"Founded in 1968 by Henry Hampton, Blackside went on to become one of the nation's most acclaimed documentary film companies. Blackside is renowned for shaping the human stories behind the history into compelling films that inspire dialogue on the social and political issues at the core of American life.
"Producing more than sixty major film and media projects, Blackside has provided many emerging filmmakers with the opportunity to learn their craft. Eyes on the Prize, the company's definitive history of the civil rights movement, won the Dupont-Columbia Gold Baton, the Peabody Award, Academy Award nominations, and numerous Emmys. Blackside has also brought many other award-winning productions to public television, including The Great Depression, Malcolm X: Make It Plain, America's War on Poverty, This Far by Faith, and I'll Make Me A World...
"The re-release of Eyes on the Prize was made possible by grants from The Ford Foundation and The Gilder Foundation. The series is a production of Blackside, Inc and was created and executive-produced by Henry Hampton (1940-1998). Blackside Principals are Judi Hampton, President and Veva Zimmerman, Vice President.
"The 2006 broadcast of Eyes on the Prize will be supported by a National Outreach Campaign managed by Blackside and funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, with additional support provided by The Annie E. Casey Foundation. The outreach will bring awareness of the television series to a whole new generation of Americans and stimulate a national dialogue on human rights issues." 
- President - Henry Hampton
- Vice President, Development - Martha Fowlkes
- Vice President, Marketing & Licensing - W. Michael Greene
- Editor & Producer, Publishing & New Media - Robert Lavelle
- Education Director & Producer - Judy Richardson
- Director of Business Affairs - Lorraine Flynn Kiley
- Production Accountant - Jessica Slattery
- Executive Assistant to the President - Carole Weiss Flink
- Rights Coordinator - Cindy Kuhn
- Production Assistant - Marcus Walker
- Office Administrator - Denise Benders
- Blackside's non-profit partner is the Civil Rights Project, Inc.
- President - Ceasar McDowell
- Orlando Bagwell - Vice President 1991-1994
- Terry Kay Rockefeller
- H. Peter Karoff - Former Director
- Alia-Anor Akaeze, "Engaging Audiences the Blackside Way", NEFilm, July 1999.
- Katie Dean, "Cash Rescues Eyes on the Prize", Wired, August 30, 2005.