Born Free Foundation
The Born Free Foundation "is a dynamic international wildlife charity, devoted to compassionate conservation and animal welfare. Born Free takes action worldwide to protect threatened species and stop individual animal suffering. Born Free believes wildlife belongs in the wild and works to phase out zoos." 
- David Jay - Senior Programs Officer
Accessed September 2008: 
- Virginia McKenna chairs the Board. After a highly successful career as an actress she devoted herself to wildlife conservation and the formation and development of the charity.
- Rupert Grey is a lawyer who became a Trustee in 1998.
- Joanna Kennedy is a lawyer. She was appointed in 2002.
- Rosamund Kidman Cox is a writer and editor specialising in wildlife matters. She became a Trustee in 2004.
- Rt. Hon Elliot Morley was made a Minister responsible for environmental matters in 1997 and now sits on the backbenches as one of our most respected Parliamentarians. He has a long-standing passion for environmental and wildlife issues.
- Andrew Newton is a businessman with interests in communications and property, who was appointed in 2004.
- Jenny Seagrove is an actress and campaigner who joined the Board in 2002.
- Diane Thompson CBE is the Chief Executive of Camelot, the National Lottery.
- Sandi Toksvig is a writer and broadcaster. She became a Trustee in 2000.
- Ronnie Wilkie is a director of the Ascot Authority and ex-soldier who joined the Board in 1999.
- Brian Bergin – Secretary and Treasurer
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Born Free USA
- Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Wildlife Conservation Trust
- Claudio Sillero-Zubiri - Head of Conservation
- Mantis Group
- Winnie Kiiru