Breakthrough "is an international human rights organization that uses media, education and pop culture to promote values of dignity, equality and justice" which "works through affiliate offices in India and the United States." 
People (accessed 2011)
Accessed December 2011: 
Board of Directors - INDIA
- Bishakha Datta
- Neelam Deo
- Sanjeev Duggal
- Sangita Jindal
- Suneeta Kar Dhar
- Mallika Dutt
- Sandeep Khosla
- Benu Kumar
- Jael Silliman
Board of Directors – USA
- Nasser A. Ahmad
- Geoffrey H. Coll
- Patricia Dhar
- Mallika Dutt
- Tula Goenka
- Michael Hirschhorn
- Salim Ismail
- L. Camille Massey
People (accessed 2007)
- Nasser A. Ahmad is Chief Investment Officer and Managing Partner of DiMaio Ahmad Capital, a New York based hedge fund.
- Geoffrey H. Coll is a partner at LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene and MacRae and has represented several corporate clients in the area of market conduct. H
- Patricia Dhar, founded Woo Gear in 2000, and served as President of this highly-acclaimed design and manufacturing firm of women's golf wear.
- Tula Goenka is a Professor at the Newhouse School of Public Communications.
- Michael Hirschhorn has been Executive Director of the Coro New York Leadership Center since February 2004.
- L. Camille Massey runs her own consulting company Cue Global in 2000, designing rights-based policy plans and strategic communications plans for global causes.
- Diane Dwyer Scanlon is a Grammy Award winning producer and composer.
- Shashi Tharoor, (NYC) was the official candidate of India for the succession to UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan in 2006, and came a close second out of seven contenders in the race.
- Abhijeet Chatterjee has been a practicing lawyer at the Supreme Court of India for the last 14 years.
- Bishakha Datta is a writer and documentary filmmaker. Her first book, 'And Who Will Make the Chapatis?' focuses on rural women's participation in politics and she is currently researching a full-length book on the struggle for sex workers' rights in India.
- Sanjeev Duggal, currently serves as the Executive Director and CEO of a Bharti Airtel Services and Bharti Resources Ltd., with the mandate to create a performance oriented ecosystem for frontline personnel.
- Sangita Jindal, Eisenhower Fellow 2004, is the founder chairperson of the Jindal South West Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the O.P. Jindal group.
- Arun Kapur is currently the Director of Vasant Valley School, New Delhi, which he built from scratch into one of the leading educational institutions in the country.
- Benu Kumar has been closely associated with the fashion industry for many years.
US Advisory Board
- Salman Ahmad is the songwriter and lead guitarist for South Asian rock sensation, Junoon.
- Abdullahi Ahmed An-Na'im is Charles Howard Candler Professor of Law at Emory Law School.
- Priya Bery is the Strategy and Business Development Director at Virgin Unite, the social entrepreneurship arm of the Virgin Group.
- Bill Bragin is Director of Joe's Pub at the Public Theater in NYC.
- Gillian Caldwell is the Executive Director of WITNESS.
- Alan Jenkins (Opportunity Agenda) is Executive Director of the Opportunity Agenda.
- Sarah Jones is a very well known NY-based performer, songwriter, poet, and prominent figure in the New York's hip hop and slam poetry scene.
- Mira Nair is a highly accomplished film director, writer, and producer.
- DJ Rekha is one of the pioneers of New York's South Asian music scene.
- Mary Robinson, first woman President of Ireland (1990-1997)
- Joanne Sandler is the Deputy Director for Programmes for the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM).
- Arvind Singhal is a leading voice in the fields of entertainment education and social change communications.
- Kathy Sreedhar is Director of the Unitarian Universalist Holdeen India Program
- Dorothy Q. Thomas is an independent consultant on human rights in the United States.
- Shyama Venkateswar is the Associate Director of the Asian Social Issues Program (ASIP) at the Asia Society.
Indian Advisory Board
- Micky Bhatia is a psychoanalyst in private practice in Mumbai.
- Rahul Bose is a highly acclaimed Indian cinema actor.
- Anjali Gopalan is the founder and Executive Director of the Naz Foundation (India) Trust, a leading community based organization fighting HIV/AIDS in India.
- Indira Jaising is an advocate and the Director of the Women's Rights Initiative of the Lawyer's Collective, an organization she co-founded.
- Gaurav Mazumdar is a classical sitar player of international renown.
- Shantanu Moitra is one of India's leading music directors and recently won the 2005 Filmfare RD Burman Award for Parineeta.
- Pankaj Pachauri is a senior editor and prime time anchor for NDTV/Star News.
- Prasoon Pandey filmed the first Indian commercial to win at Cannes and has been listed among the top 100 advertising film directors in the world by Advertising Age.
- Pramila Phatarphekar is a special correspondent with Outlook (India).
Resources and articles
- Board, Breakthrough, accessed January 10, 2011.