Brian Bresnahan, a retired U.S. Marine Corps Major and Iraq veteran who served "most of [his] active duty time in support of operations in Somalia, Bosnia, as well as a tour with an infantry battalion in Iraq", operates the High Plains Patriot Blog.
"A major in the Marine Corps Reserve, Brian Bresnahan was activated in January 2004 and deployed to Iraq a month later. He served in the 3rd Battalion, 24th Marines, which was charged with camp security at Camp Taquddum eight miles west of Fallujah," his Families United for Our Troops and Their Mission biography states.
Iraq: stay the course
"Because the center of gravity for the war on terror is in the U.S., not abroad," Breshahan wrote in his Blogger profile, "I feel it necessary to keep informing and motivating Americans to stay in the fight and not surrender. Through weekly columns in Nebraska newspapers, posting on other blogs, and now through my own blog I hope to encourage as many as possible to keep supporting our troops and persevere in this war on terror."
Articles by Brian Bresnahan
- Opinion: "Politicians must have will, ability to define victory," The (Grand Island) Independent, November 18, 2006.
- "The issue is victory not Bush," PrairiePundit Blogspot, February 20, 2007.
- "Fairness And Freedom Of Speech," York News-Times, June 21, 2007; posted on National Republican Senatorial Committee website.
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Profile: Brian Bresnahan, Blogger.com, accessed August 15, 2007.
- High Plains Patriot Blog.
- "Our Families: Biographies (Midwest): Brian Bresnahan," Families United for Our Troops and Their Mission, accessed August 15, 2007.
- "Vets for Freedom forms Nebraska chapter, launches anti-Nelson TV campaign," The Beatrice Fiddler, August 9, 2007.
- Opinion: Brian Bresnahan: Archives, Military.com, June 20, 2006 to current.
- Lisa Hannah, "First Quarter Campaign Fundraising Figures," Smith Watch, April 19, 2007. Scroll to end of article: "Also, local propagandist, and pro-war advocate Brian Bresnahan does his weekly article (subscription required) on how great things are in Iraq and Afghanistan, and this time sings the praises of Adrian Smith to the point of nausea." See: Brian Bresnahan, "No strings attached, please," York News-Times, April 19, 2007.
- Gene Fischer, "Letters to the Editor: The process makes us stronger," York News-Times, October 25, 2006.
- Christopher Griffin, "Party Time? Sex, War, and the Fight for Control of Congress," Armed Forces Journal (posted by American Enterprise Institute), November 8, 2006.
- Mike Bockoven, "President's speech met with mixed reactions," The (Grand Island) Independent, January 11, 2007.
- Chimes of Truth, "Chuck Hagel speaks the inconvenient truth," The Daily Kos, January 25, 2007.