Bring Them Home Now!
Launched August 13, 2003
- "Galvanized to action by George W. Bush's inane and reckless Bring 'em on challenge to armed Iraqi's resisting occupation, Military Families Speak Out, Veterans For Peace and other organizations based in the military community will launch Bring Them Home Now, a campaign aimed at ending the U.S. occupation of Iraq and returning troops to their home bases at a press conference on August 13 in Washington, D.C."
Speakers at the press conference included:
- Moderators: Nancy Lessin and Charley Richardson, co-founders, Military Families Speak Out
- Susan Schuman, from Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts, is the mother of Justin C. Schuman, a sergeant in the Massachusetts National Guard. Justin was deployed to Iraq from Fort Bragg, North Carolina, on March 29, 2003, and is stationed in Samarra, north of Baghdad.
- Michael T. McPhearson, a native of Fayetteville, North Carolina was a field artillery officer of the 24th Mechanized Infantry Division during Desert Shield/Desert Storm.
- Fernando Suarez del Solar, of Escondido, Calif., is the father of Marine Lance Cpl Jesus Suarez, one of the first U.S. servicemen killed in Iraq (March 27, 2003). Suarez is seeking the truth behind why his son and others were sent to their deaths in Iraq.
- Stan Goff, whose son Jessie serves in the U.S. Army and has just been deployed to Iraq.
- "… to mobilize military families, veterans, and GIs themselves to demand: an end to the occupation of Iraq and other misguided military adventures; and an immediate return of all US troops to their home duty stations."
Coordinating Committee Members
- Ellen Barfield, vice president, Veterans For Peace
- David Cline, National Coordinator, Vietnam Veterans Against the War; president, Veterans For Peace; and president, Jersey City Vietnam Veterans Memorial Committee
- Stan Goff
- Marti Hiken
- Nancy Lessin
- Charley Richardson
- Michael T. McPhearson, member, Veterans For Peace
- Steve Morse, GI Rights Program Coordinator at the Central Committee for Conscientious Objectors
- Dennis O'Neil, associate member, Veterans For Peace
- Lou Plummer, member of Military Families Speak Out
- Michael Uhl, co-founder, Citizen Soldier
Email letters and photographs: BTHN AT mfso.org
or send to
P.O. Box 91233
Raleigh, NC 27675
Bring Them Home Now!
c/o Veterans for Peace
438 N Skinker Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63130
Related SourceWatch Resources
- antiwar rallies
- The Best War Ever
- Iraq Coalition Casualty Statistics
- Iraq Coalition Casualty Statistics/External Links (March-April 2003)
- Iraq Coalition Casualty Statistics/External Links (May-September 2003)
- Iraq Coalition Casualty Statistics/External Links (October-December 2003)
- Iraq Coalition Casualty Statistics/Pre-War News Items
- Iraq Coalition Casualty Statistics/AWOL/Desertion
- Iraq Coalition Casualty Statistics/Soldier Suicides
- Iraq Coalition Casualty Statistics/Gulf War Illness
- Move America Forward
- Post-war Iraq
- preemptive war
- U.S. presidential election, 2004
- Vets for Freedom
- Weapons of Mass Deception