Bruce H. Lipton
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
"Dr. Lipton began his scientific career as a cell biologist. He received his Ph.D. degree from the University of Virginia at Charlottesville before joining the Department of Anatomy at the University of Wisconsin’s School of Medicine in 1973. Dr. Lipton’s research on muscular dystrophy, studies employing cloned human stem cells, focused upon the molecular mechanisms controlling cell behavior. An experimental tissue transplantation technique developed by Dr. Lipton and colleague Dr. Ed Schultz and published in the journal Science was subsequently employed as a novel form of human genetic engineering.
"In 1982, Dr. Lipton began examining the principles of quantum physics and how they might be integrated into his understanding of the cell’s information processing systems. He produced breakthrough studies on the cell membrane, which revealed that this outer layer of the cell was an organic homologue of a computer chip, the cell’s equivalent of a brain. His research at Stanford University’s School of Medicine, between 1987 and 1992, revealed that the environment, operating though the membrane, controlled the behavior and physiology of the cell, turning genes on and off. His discoveries, which ran counter to the established scientific view that life is controlled by the genes, presaged one of today’s most important fields of study, the science of epigenetics. Two major scientific publications derived from these studies defined the molecular pathways connecting the mind and body. Many subsequent papers by other researchers have since validated his concepts and ideas.
"The author of The Biology of Belief, Dr. Lipton is regarded as one of the leading voices of the new biology."
He is a theosophist. 
- Founding Signatory, Evolutionary Leaders Forum
- Winner of the 2009 Goi Peace Foundation Award
- Advisory Board, Friends of the Institute of Noetic Sciences 
- Scientific Advisory Board, Global Coherence Initiative 
- Advisory Board, Alliance for Transforming the Lives of Children 
Resources and articles
- Bruce H. Lipton, Goi Peace Foundation, accessed December 16, 2011.
- Friends of the Institute of Noetic Sciences People, organizational web page, accessed May 6, 2012.
- Global Coherence Initiative Boards, organizational web page, accessed July 14, 2013.
- Alliance for Transforming the Lives of Children About, organizational web page, accessed February 22, 2013.