Tefft once quipped "Islamic terrorism is based on Islam as revealed through the Qu’ran," and that "while there may be moderate Muslims, Islam itself is immoderate." 
A biographical note stated that "Dr. Bruce Tefft is a counter-terrorism and intelligence advisor to the New York Police Department (NYPD), as well as a Senior Associate with Orion Scientific Systems and a former counter-terrorism expert for the Directorate of Operations of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). Dr. Tefft has over 29 years of experience in the field and is an articulate and experienced speaker in the field of counterterrorism." 
In 2006, a New York police captain filed a lawsuit alleging that Tefft flooded the police communications network with bigoted condemnations of Muslims and Arabs, and incitement to violence against them. 
Related SourceWatch resources
- CAIR-CAN Statement, "Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center asked to condemn Islamophobic comments, December 9, 2004.
- Sheldon Kirshner, "Islamic terror based on Qu’ran: ex-CIA official", Canadian Jewish News, December 23, 2004.
- Kirshner, Sheldon. Islamic terror based on Qu’ran: ex-CIA official. Canadian Jewish News.
- Affidavit of Clare M. Lopez and Dr. Bruce D. Tefft.
- "Who We Are: CRA Staff", cited at "Quoted but unnamed", TopDog08.com, September 23, 2006. (The CRA website where the bio note was originally posted is no longer online and is not in the Internet Archive. A November 15, 2004 media release citing same material is also now a dead link.)
- Rashbaum, William (6 December 2006). Police Antiterrorism Analyst Sues City, Citing Anti-Muslim E-Mail. New York Times.