Bruce C. Wolpe (usually referred to as Bruce Wolpe) was appointed to the newly created position of Manager, Corporate Affairs at John Fairfax Holdings in December 1998.
At the time of his appointment Wolpe was on a six months’ secondment from Hill and Knowlton Australia. Wolpe had joined Hill and Knowlton Australia since moving to Australia from the US in 1991.
At the time of his appointment he was a director of the Australian American Leadership Dialogue and a governor of the American Chamber of Commerce in Australia, chairing its Government committee. "He is a member of the board of the Australian Fulbright Commission." 
A brief biographical note listing Wolpe as a speaker at an event for the Jewish Community Appeal states that he "writes a monthly column for the Australian Jewish News and is committed to Israel and Jewish interests." 
A brief biographical note appended to a 2004 column by Wolpe on the US Presidential election stated that he was "a former US congressional aide and adviser to several Democratic campaigns in America."  Another stated that he "worked on the Clinton-Gore 1996 campaign in Colorado." 
- Bruce C. Wolpe, Bertram J. Levine, Inc. Congressional Quarterly, Lobbying Congress: How the System Works (Paperback), Congressional Quarterly Books; 2nd edition (July, 1996) ISBN 1568022255
Articles by Wolpe
- Alan Oxley and Bruce C. Wolpe, "Make Way for Australia", Wall Street Journal Online, September 6, 2001.
- Bruce C. Wolpe, "What the Prime Minister should tell Congress today", The Age, June 12 2002.
- Bruce C. Wolpe, "The Clinton Wars: An Insider's Account of the White House Years", Sydney Morning Herald, June 28, 2003. (This is a book review of Sidney Blumenthal's book The Clinton Wars: An Insider's Account of the White House Years).
- Bruce C. Wolpe, "ABB - but it looks like God's a Republican", The Age, January 14, 2004
- Bruce Wolpe, "Democracy endangered if war on terrorism gags the press", Sydney Morning Herald, November 24, 2005.
- Bruce Wolpe, "An American stench that should not choke Australia", Sydney Morning Herald, January 7, 2006.
Articles About Wolpe
- "Bruce Wolpe Joins Fairfax in Corporate Affairs Post", Media Release, December 3 1998.
- "Wayne Swan and Bruce Wolpe", "Meet the Press", Channel Ten, December 4, 2005. (Discussing anti-terrorism laws and sedition provisions).
- Jewish Community Appeal, "Mr Bruce Wolpe: Corporate Affairs Director, Fairfax", accessed January 2006.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|