California Latino Water Coalition
The California Latino Water Coalition (CLWC) describes itself as "a statewide coalition of influential Latino leaders that supports development of San Joaquin-Sacramento Delta environmental, conveyance and sustainability solutions along with additional water resources in California. With actor-comedian Paul Rodriguez as chairperson, the organization's goal is to demonstrate the need for a comprehensive statewide water infrastructure plan, a program that includes groundwater and surface water storage capabilities, conservation and water resources stewardship, water recycling and desalinization." 
From the CLWC website: 
- Paul Rodriguez, Chair
- Mayor Victor Lopez, Co-Chair, Central Valley, City of Orange Cove
- Ruben Guerra, Co-Chair, Southern California, Latin Business Association
- Tony Estremera, Co-Chair, Director, Santa Clara Valley Water District
Contact information and Burson-Marsteller connections
Patrick George, cell phone number 310-487-3001, is listed as the CLWC contact on the group's press releases.  George is a director of Burson-Marsteller's media practice, working out of the public relations firm's Sacramento, California office.  The same phone number, along with Patrick George's name and sometimes his Burson-Marsteller email address (patrick.george AT bm.com), is listed on press releases for Accenture , the newsletter of the California Cotton Ginners and Growers Associations , and announcements for the Friant Water Users Authority. 
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- "About CLWC," California Latino Water Coalition website, accessed July 2009.
- "News," California Latino Water Coalition website, accessed July 2009.
- "Our office key contact: Patrick George," Burson-Marsteller website, accessed July 2009.
- Press release, "Accenture Study Reveals Need for Chemical Companies to Capture and Share Supply Chain Best Practices," Accenture, January 3, 2008.
- "The Cotton Chronicle," Volume XX, Issue 4, April 2009.
- "Press Conference: San Joaquin River Restoration Settlement Finalized," U.S. Bureau of Reclamation website, September 12, 2006.
- Lloyd G. Carter, "The PR Firm from Hell," as published in the Fresno Community Alliance newspaper, June 30, 2009.
- Dan Bacher, "Westlands Hoards Surplus Water While Farmworkers Suffer: CSPA demands investigation into water hoarding by Westlands and others," IndyBay.org, August 19, 2009.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|