Camilla Toulmin "is Director of the International Institute for Environment & Development (IIED), a policy research institute focused on climate change, natural resources, sustainable markets, human settlements, law and governance. An economist by training, her work has focused on social, economic, and environmental development in dryland Africa. This has combined field research, policy analysis, capacity building and advocacy, with strategic management of the institute. It has involved engaging with people at many different levels from farmers and researchers, to national governments, NGOs, donor agencies and international bodies. Principal areas of interest involve land and property rights, pastoral livestock development, climate change, common property resources.
"Camilla is a board member of WWF-UK, Royal African Society, African Studies Association and Aduna (working to promote African arts and cultural exchange). She is also a member of the Franco-British Council." 
- Trustee, International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas 
- International Advisory Council, Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice 
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Camilla Toulmin, RSA Events, accessed April 25, 2009.
- International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas Trustees, organizational web page, accessed April 25, 2012.
- Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice International Advisory Counci, organizational web page, accessed June 19, 2012.