"Throughout the 1990s, under the leadership of Jill Pitkeathley, Carers National Association expanded into a modern charity, developing services for carers. Many of Carers UK local branches focused their efforts on setting up scores of local carers centres.
"In 1997 the charity launched the first national helpline for carers supported by booklets and written information to help carers. Amongst the practical services created were projects to help carers back into work and to help former carers cope with bereavement.
"In 2001 Carers National Association was renamed Carers UK, responding to the challenges of devolution with a name that recognised the important role of Carers Scotland, Carers Wales and Carers Northern Ireland. Under the leadership of Imelda Redmond CBE the charity refocused on research and policy work with the aim of securing legislative change..."  wiki
- Helena Herklots, Chief Executive of Carers UK
- Celebrity supporters - Rowan Williams, Fiona Philips, Alison Steadman, Tony Hawkes 
Accessed December 2013: 
- CHAIR (Vacant)
- Geoffrey Almond, elected 2010
- Alex Robinson, elected 2009. Re-elected 2012.
- TREASURER - Ian Peters, co-opted Trustee 2003-2011. Co-opted 2012
- Terry Bryan, co-opted 2011
- Kevin Daly, Chair, Northern Ireland Committee.
- Wesley Dowridge, elected 2011
- Maryann Finnegan, elected 2006
- David Grayson CBE, co-opted 2012
- Kate Griffiths, elected 2009
- Jeff Hayes, co-opted 2006
- Richard Jones CBE, co-opted 2011
- Vita Snowden, elected 2012
- Mary Trinder, Chair, Wales Committee
- Stephen Ward, elected 2012