Caritas Internationalis is a "confederation of 162 Catholic relief, development and social service organisations working to build a better world, especially for the poor and oppressed, in over 200 countries and territories."  Member of the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response.
"Humanitarian" aid to Rwanda in 1994
In 2002, Fiona Terry (Director of Research for Medicins sans Frontieres (MSF), Paris) noted that "Caritas provided food to the [Hutu] Panzi and Bulonge military camps near Bukavu and defended their decision to the Human Rights Watch Arms Project, saying that Caritas had “no choice” because no other organization was prepared to feed them and that “they have to eat, they are not all murderers.”” (Terry, 2002, pg.204)
These camps were used to launch attacks into Rwanda in a bid to destablize the Tutsi government.
- Denis Viénot - President 
- Archbishop Fouad El Hage - Previous president
- Duncan MacLaren - Secretary General 
- Jacques Bertrand (Canada) - Head of Department, Global Issues Department
- Anthony Curmi - Treasurer
- Caritas Internationalis
- Palazzo San Calisto
- 00120 Vatican City
- Tel: (+39) 06 698 797 99
- Fax: (+39) 06 698 87 237
- Email: caritas.internationalis (AT) caritas.va
- Web: http://www.caritas.org/
- Fiona Terry, "Condemned to Repeat?: The Paradox of Humanitarian Action", Cornell Press, 2002.