Cascade Policy Center
background=CBE3AA | border=339933 | image=/images/3/35/Climatechangewords.jpg | width=100 | height=90| title=Portal:Climate Change | link=Portal:Climate Change | text=Learn more from the Center for Media and Democracy's research on climate change.}}
The Cascade Policy Center describes itself as "a non-profit, non-partisan public policy research and educational organization that focuses on state and local issues in Oregon. Cascade’s mission is to develop and promote public policy alternatives that foster individual liberty, personal responsibility and economic opportunity. Cascade promotes property rights, incentives, markets, and decentralized decision-making. Cascade advances these values by sharing its research with the public, the media, and state and local lawmakers through publications, educational programs, community forums, and special events."
- John Charles, President and CEO
According to an investigation in The Guardian, The Cascade Policy Center has accepted donations from Marlboro cigarette manufacture's parent company Altria "every year since 2011." All the while, the center "has taken positions aligned with the tobacco industry."
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Climate Change
- Climate change sceptics
- Climate change skeptics/common claims and rebuttal
- International Conference on Climate Change (2008)
- International Conference on Climate Change (2009)
- Researching global warming skeptics
- think tanks
- Heartland Institute, "International Conference on Climate Change: Global Warming: Was It Ever Really a Crisis?", March 8-10, 2009, page 30.
- Heartland Institute, "Co-Sponsors", Heartland Institute website, March 5, 2009.
- Jessica Glenza Revealed: the free-market groups helping the tobacco industry The Guardian Jan 23, 2019
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|