Chengdu Jintang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Chengdu Jintang power station (国电成都金堂发电厂) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Sichuan Province, China.
An additional 2,000 MW has been proposed, and later shelved.
The map below shows the location of of the plant in Hongyang Village, Huaikou Town, Jintong County, Chengdu Prefecture, Sichuan Province.
Background on Plant
Description of Expansion
Work on the project was halted in June 2015, due to a lack of need. It is unclear if the project will be revived.
In September 2016 the power station was among 15 projects cancelled by China's National Energy Administration (NEA).
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details for Units 3 & 4 Expansion
- Sponsor: Guodian Chengdu Jintang Power
- Parent company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Huaikou Town, Jintang County, Chengdu Prefecture, Sichuan Province, China
- Coordinates: 30.7056052, 104.5803369 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 3 & 4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电成都金堂发电有限公司二期项目前期工作稳步推进", 北极星电力网新闻, 2012-5-10
- "金堂电厂二期工程水土保持方案获批", 金堂电厂, 2012-12-24
- "国电金堂电厂二期工程项目获能源局“路条”", 中国国电集团公司, 2012-04-20
- "国电成都金堂发电有限公司专用铁路改扩建工程修建," 中国起重机械网, 2013年1月9日
- "四川：百万千瓦火电机组被叫停的尴尬," 中国能源报, 2015年06月05日
- "能源局叫停煤电项目 去产能上大压小成常态," 2016-10-9
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017